Now we are in time zone UTC -02:00, three hours ahead of the western part of Europe. We will stay in the same time zone until operations will finish in December. Also: STORM (in the north)! The weather forecast says that were are in 8-9 feet swell (sounds intense). We'll see it if dows move alot!
Tomorrow at around 17:00 - 18:00 we will be on the target site. Arrival time may possibly earlier if the weather is on our side. Deck operations will take place from 06:00 – 18:00, corresponding to when there is sunlight. So if we arrive early enough tomorrow the plan is to get VICTOR into the water.
The topic of today’s science meeting was therefore to determine which features to explore first. Russian scientists that has previously explored the area found several hydrothermal fields. One of these may still be active, and we are hoping to find this field during the dive.
Cameras seem to be the main subject of conversation on board. We will not go into the details, but one thing seems to be certain: the greater the camera, the greater the scientist.